Review of Confess by Colleen Hoover

Confess by Colleen Hoover

Published: March 10, 2015

Genre: New Adult*, Contemporary

Paperback: 320 pages

Source: Goodreads

Summary:

Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn't expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…


My thoughts:

To start off I love Colleen Hoover's books and this in no way will stop me from reading her books. With that being said I did not like this book. The characters were all right but as the story went on and things were revealed I got more and more irritated with everything. I kept getting pissed at both the main characters and the only character I really loved wasn't even in the story much.

After a major plot point, about half way through the book, I didn't even want to finish the story but I did. 
I really like Hoover's books but I don't think it was worth reading. It left me so upset I didn't know what to think. I really did not like the plot and the instalove rubbed me the wrong way. 


I did enjoy the beginning of this book but I feel like if I had known some more of the story-line to began with I wouldn't have read it. 

There is a part of the story were things began to turn around but it was so close to the end of the book I couldn't really take it in and it was to late to change my opinion on this book. Was it all bad? No, it did have some great moments but no where near the quality I expected from Hoover. I don't think the story had anything to leave the reader with, so I don't really even see why it needed to be told. 

If you haven't read any Colleen Hoover books please don't start with this one because she has much better story-lines and some really lovable characters in her other books.  I would suggest starting with Slammed, which I loved. 


Favorite quotes:

“I'm scared I'll never feel this again with anyone else," I whisper.
He squeezes my hands. "I'm scared you will.” 

“Selflessness. It should be the basis of every relationship. If a person truly cares about you, they'll get more pleasure from the way they make you feel, rather than the way you make them feel.”


I gave this a 2 out of 5 but I'm bag of mixed feelings right now.


*New Adult is between Young Adult and Adult, mostly contemporary romance and tends to have more true-to-life themes. Most have some more adult content and the characters are usually in their early to mid twenties. 

V  T   C   Tattoo  Script  Two  Regular


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Characteristics

Book Blogger Hop: May 8th - 14th

Ignite Me: Book Beginnings/Friday 56