Wishlist Wednesday (On Thursday)


Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop hosted on Pen to Paper where we will post about one book  per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.


__________________________________________


The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Book 1)
By Rae Carson
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance, Adventure
PublishedSeptember 20th, 2011

Synopsis:
Once a century, one person is chosen for greatness.
Elisa is the chosen one. 

But she is also the younger of two princesses, the one who has never done anything remarkable. She can't see how she ever will. 

Now, on her sixteenth birthday, she has become the secret wife of a handsome and worldly king—a king whose country is in turmoil. A king who needs the chosen one, not a failure of a princess.

And he's not the only one who seeks her. Savage enemies seething with dark magic are hunting her. A daring, determined revolutionary thinks she could be his people's savior. And he looks at her in a way that no man has ever looked at her before. Soon it is not just her life, but her very heart that is at stake.

Elisa could be everything to those who need her most. If the prophecy is fulfilled. If she finds the power deep within herself. If she doesn’t die young.

Most of the chosen do.

__________________________________________

This was the first book to go on my TBR shelf on Goodreads, about a year and a half ago. 
For some reason I haven't even bought this one yet, even though I really want to read it. 
I watched a Tea Time with Team Epic Reads video and they made the book sound fantastic so I've wanted it ever since. I love the synopsis and I love fantasy so I think this one would be a good match me me. Plus this sorta give me some Daughter of Smoke & Bone vibes and I would love another high fantasy read, I'm craving books with beautiful worlds. 
__________________________________________


What's on the top of your wishlist this week?



V  T   C   Tattoo  Script  Two  Regular

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cover Characteristics

Book Blogger Hop: May 8th - 14th

Ignite Me: Book Beginnings/Friday 56